Now that you’ve got a live account going, let’s dive a little deeper into how it works because let’s be real, have you actually figured out how to sell your panties online yet? If so, go you, you rock and are succeeding real fast! I, on the other hand, did not set sail and business started off real slow, plus I still had no idea what I was doing!
So I came to the conclusion that I had to do more research and came up with this action plan:
BECOME A SG SUPERSTAR; MORE ATTENTION
3 weeks in and I had done all the things…I thought. I started my profile, uploaded panties & some images, made great descriptions, and found my shipping supplies/retailer. But when I look at my profile, it still says only 3 people have looked at it. I definitely thought I would’ve had at least 30 views by now. What the hell, where are all the people at!? Hmph, so now what hoops am I going to have to jump through to make this active and selling? On the left hand side, it told me to become a SG Superstar as it claimed that the shops get more visibility. I only had a few tasks to complete to become one. I flew through on how to make my shop live so this should be a cake walk…
- Add 5 items to the shop– Luckily, I had my first 5 posts & collection of pictures ready to go so that seemed easy enough.
- Public gallery images– these are pictures anyone can see. You need 5 in order to check it off the list. Make them seductive and sexy. I recommend having clothes on but you’ll see a lot of sellers showing A LOT– personally, you should save those for the private galleries (make some $$ off your tidbits!).
- Add 3 private gallery collections- these are the collections of photos people pay for. Minimum of 4 photos. I chose feet pics for one, a series of photos taking off and on panties, and I even decided to show a collection of my sex toys for fun.
- Interview questions- There’s a list of like 50 questions. If you answer 15, you can complete this task. Super easy and simple questions. Check!
- Add 3 videos– This is where I struggled the most. What kind of videos was I going to post? Are they going to be me masturbating? (I’m screaming in my head, I’m not that girl! Or at least not yet…) So nah, I think I’ll start off slow so I decided to make a video of me taking my socks on and off my feet. My second, giving myself a pedicure- which a) it was well needed and b) if I can make some money off it, even more of a win. Third and last one, (thank god), me exercising- here me out, I’m killing 3 birds with 1 stone.
1. I’m working out while having clothes on. Yay, get to be more modest in this one.
2. Wearing a pair of gym panties. Men love the gym panty scent.
3. Making a video to sell for money because men also love to watch what’s being done.
Bonus: It’s making me work out to get fit for a wedding I’m going to be in later this year.
So in my mind, it was a win-win, win-win.
- Set price for messaging– I chose $1/day. It standardly came with $1 for 7 days but I didn’t want to get bunged up with messages from buyers who weren’t serious. Plus, no offense to the men, but I didn’t want to get super flirty. I have a husband at home that I love dearly and who is supporting me all the way. Sometimes he’ll even take my pictures but we don’t get far… it’s certainly spiced up our sex life 😉
- ID Verification– you have to write “Sofia Gray” and the date on a piece of paper, hold that and your ID up beside your face in a clear photo. They look at it and verify that you are a real human. It usually takes no more than 24 hours to get verified.
Well, it turned out, this was no cake walk for me. It took a lot of planning. But I did eventually manage to get it done. Now onto the next thing.
SALES ARE STILL SLOW; PROMOTE YOUR SHOP
Once your shop goes live, the fun begins. Except… it doesn’t. You’re a tiny, new business out there in a big, giant internet world and you have to spread the word and promote yourself. You really have to work for it! As mentioned above, becoming an SG Superstar is your first task. Others can include social media like Instagram, Tik Tok, Twitter, Reddit, or even Facebook. Just make sure you have separate accounts!! You don’t want grandma knowing your part of selling dirty used panties on Facebook, do you?
Twitter is one of the best ways to promote your shop from what I read and so was Reddit. But many websites said, “as long as you know how to use it”. I did not nor did I want to learn about another new thing. For me, pass and pass. Other options are linking accounts together like OnlyFans or Feet Finder but I didn’t have either of those and once again, didn’t want to start anything new.
Back to Sofia Gray I went and within their platform, you can pay $9.99 to be a part of the featured sellers which promotes you to the front page / homepage for 21 days, 2 times a day. They claim that you’ll get 6x more exposure, 2x more likely to sell, build a loyal following, & earn more money. Though I didn’t want to spend that money, I did because I wasn’t sure what else to do without learning about another new social media platform. If you’re a guru to social media, use it to your advantage! So there I was, invested in a membership and paid advertising, still contemplating if it was going to work out or not.
MESSAGING THE BUYER; BE SEXY, FLIRTY, & YOURSELF
My first buyer wrote to me! Now what? When a buyer messages you first, they tend to drive the conversation. They have searched you out specifically about the undies you’re selling, the language you speak, your nationality, or the scents you’re offering. So play with your buyer and get flirty. Give them what they want. You are selling products for sex or sexual desires after all.
Though if anything makes you feel uncomfortable, stop talking to them right away. Never give out any personal info, especially your address. Use an alias for a name but be yourself for everything else. Don’t try too hard or be over-the-top. Buyers want to get to know you, not a fantasy- unless they requested that.
Sometimes buyers will find nothing is sexier than a sneak peak of the item being made or used. So if you’re comfortable doing so, send sexy pics or videos of you with/in the item. Alternatively, you can tease them and say a Polaroid will be shipped with the item as their thank you gift.
Be honest – if something comes up or you have a shipping issue, tell the buyer. Don’t take their money and run. Do the right thing. *This is why I advise putting tracking info on all of your shipments.*
Not only do you need to be proactive about your sales but you also can’t let the buyers waste your time either. After all, you’re a busy woman! In order to chat with me, they have to pay $1/day and in some cases, buyers will pay for additional days- if they don’t place their order immediately, I give them one week and then ask if they’re interested in an item or if there’s something they want in particular. If they’re not interested, I soon stop talking to them. Though I’m blunt about it, it’s in a very flirty way so it doesn’t squash my sales. It’s just business. Some men are looking for just sexting sessions. Cap those sessions at a certain amount of time (which is up to you)… you don’t want to fall in love over the internet.
RESTOCK THE SHOP; SHOPPING FOR PANTIES
Eventually, your’e going to have to buy new panties. My favorite store is hands down, Victoria’s Secret. Usually they do their 5/$30 deal where I can stock up on all varieties but this year, they had a killer sale over Memorial Day weekend where you could buy 3 panties and get 5 free and I scored big! Plus if you had the coupon/discounts they send in the mail, you could’ve scored an extra $10 or $30 off AND get a free panty! I got 16 new pairs of undies and 3 bras for $113. Over $180 in savings!!
Though you don’t have to buy at Victoria’s Secret, I do recommend buying panties on sale or in bulk – men usually don’t prefer brands so find the cheapest ones you can so you make a killer profit. Target or Walmart have some pretty good deals as well as Aerie & Amazon.
One panty bought for $5 and sold for $40 is a 800% profit! Can you believe that?! Insane, right. So buy cheap and sell for a reasonable price.
Just a few more pieces of advice and may you get blessed with your first sale! Don’t forget, if you want to sign up, use the code: PantyGuide to get 10% off your membership!!
The Panty Guide